Wednesday 27 January 2010

Right on Schedule


It's been over a week since my last blog, I am, at last sat here with my cup of tea and kit kat (2 fingered, orange flavoured - some things are important).

I've ended up having rather a productive day, it started badly, trying to have a "live chat" with a table leg, they don't work if there's no-one at the other end! Two hours later I was way behind and no further on in my quest for answers to my simple questions, when will my order be dispatched? but you've had my money for 11 days, why is my parcel still in your warehouse? Eventually I gave up, sent a quick, stern email and carried on about my day.

This week has been a steep learning curve for me, I love bullet points so here are some of the things I have learnt or remembered

1. I work better when I plan my day, my timetable is back in full force and working well, I time things into manageable 1 hour slots, housework, spinning, walking the dogs, everything. This cuts out the "I really should be doing....." thoughts and keeps me organised.

2. Networking really does pay off, an hour a day of messing about with facebook, twitter and on forums is not only fun but works.

3. The people on forums and networking sites are all lovely people and I shouldn't feel like the new girl at school cos unlike the kids at school, they don't bite!

4. Romance isn't just about chocolates, flowers and grand gestures, it's about someone fixing your greenhouse door and making you a cup of green tea every morning in the hope that one day you'll decide you like it and drink it. . . . . thought I'd better get that one in early what with valentine's day around the corner, the only note I may get on that day is a reminder from my husband that the rabbit needs his claws clipping!

5. Cockerils will sometimes live together.

The picture here is Romeo, the photo at the top was him with his sisters in spring when they first came to live with us. We have found out that Romeo flies pretty well, every day he flies out of his run to spend the day in another run with five other chickens and Lenny the Dude our bantum cockeril, by rights they should fight and generally tear bits out of each other, but they don't? Jasper the dog is supervisor and keeps a close watch on all that goes on.

I have spent my working week painting and spinning wool, I seem to have left my 'vivid' phase and moved back into pure and earthy, I navajo plied (3 ply) some lovely falkland fibre in brown, earthy tones and had great fun with some angora rabbit fibre (I looked a bit like a snowman at one point), some pure white merino and beads. What bliss!






Meanwhile Dave is happy to be back on his bike, he's organising another cycle trip down France in May and is talking about cycling from here (North of England) to Majorca in October, I think that includes down England, down France, into Spain and then a ferry, he says its likely to be a three week journey and can I look after things here for him? What did I say earlier about romance?









No comments:

Post a Comment